Problem is, I’m having great difficult these days doing exactly that. Focus.
I have to tell you, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things that I need to do this month. My to-do list seems to be growing by the day. Make that by the hour.
The other day, my boss said she’ll pass me an e-book on getting or organised for creative people. I suspect that’s the e-book which I downloaded some time last year. Well, it could be something entirely different but my hunch says it’s the same one. That reminds me, it’s probably time to reread that e-book.
Missmiao (missmiao dot wordpress dot com) posted a list of useful time management tips. She’s pretty much in the same boat as me as we’re now part of the same team. The difference is, she’s more like the committee member with a responsibility to coordinate people and I’m just a member. So I can imagine that she has a bigger headache than me.
She’ll have a bigger headache if people like me can’t manage our time well and create the headache for her. I like missmiao so I’ll spare her the headache and make myself more effective 😛
One of the ways of being organised is keeping a diary/organiser. Two days ago, I received the diary/organiser of my dreams *cue bright white light and choir chorus aah-ing*
When I opened the cardboard box with my name on it and saw the content, I almost cried!
It’s the perfect organiser and here are the reasons why:
- It’s made of recycled paper
- The papers are held together by a ring-binder, which means you can reuse the diary when the year is out by putting in your own paper.
- The paper is college-ruled.
- It has these little colourful cards which indicate important worldwide celebrations like World Environment Day (which is on June 5) and World Sleep Day (on March 20 *see pix*).
- It includes lots and lots of ruled papers for note writing. If and once you run out of those, you simple draw along a plastic ruler (which comes with the diary/organiser) on the white blank papers provided and make your own ruled. Nifty, don’t you think?
- Don’t take my word for it. Take a look at the photos below and judge its awesomeness for yourself!
The calendar. Note that my birthday *ahem* is on Wednesday (25th)
College-ruled diary with lots of space for jottings
Little notes on world celebrations
Paper for jotting down notes
The ruler for making your own ruled paper. Ingenious!
I have no idea if this diary/organiser is for sale. If it’s not, then I thank my lucky stars for being picked by the good people at
petrosains to be one of its exclusive owners.
I feel a rush of adrenalin whenever I think about how awesome my diary/organiser is (I’m such a geek). I know it’s only January but I kind of dread the thought of not being on the mailing list for this sort of calendar next year 😦 I can buy my own papers and use the same cover of course but it won’t be the same! I wish that it would be so popular that it will be on sale by popular demand!
Okay, I just checked the website’s “online” gift shop and none of the items they have there is half as cool as this diary/organiser. What a shame! Well, let’s hope somebody important there reads this and does something about it.
Well, better get cracking on those files that I need to proofread. At least that’s one thing I can cross off my to do list. A lot more to do eg clean my desk,clean mini fridge, clean bathroom, throw away last year’s magazines… *sigh*
One day at a time, one day at a time….